Saturday, October 20, 2012

The plague

The plague has descended upon our house. Everyone, expect for Ryan has been sniffling and coughing for a week. And to top off this loveliness, Joe brought home pink eye and gave it to everyone. So with the coughing fits, I have to clamp Olivia between my legs and simultaniously keep her flailing arms from her face and pry open her eyes to squeeze in two drops. And then she's supposed to keep her eyes closed for two minutes. Yeah, right. Sadly, Joe is not much better, there is just more of him to flail around, and he has become the master of delaying the inevitable. "Wait, Mom, before you do that, can I tell you something?" Strangely, Benjamin is my ideal patient. He's always had a practical attitude toward pain. There is no use fretting about it before hand, and he gets over it pretty fast afterwards. Four times a day for 5 to 7 days. I dropped these problems off at my Mom's door yesterday and left. Aren't I a good daughter? A week in San Francisco and Napa is just what the doctor ordered. Ryan informs me copious amounts of wine will kill off those germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment