Saturday, September 8, 2012

I have the most amazing husband in the world

Okay everyone, bear with me.  I have to do a little husband bragging on this post.

So last week, Ryan looks and me as says,  "We need to celebrate next weekend."

"Celebrate what?"

"We've been married ten years, don't tell me you don't know?"

This was followed by 10 minutes of me, staring at the calendar, wondering what important event I had spaced on September 9th.  First kiss?  No.  First date?  No.  Not our anniversary.  What?  He had sent me into a tailspin.  Finally, he ended my agony.

"It's opening day for the NFL.  Football season, baby!"

This simply earned him a slap on the arm.  Fast forward to this morning.

"I'm going to make you a five course meal tonight.

"Yeah?"

"Yep, course one, spaghetti.  Course two, sauce.  Course three, meatballs..."

Shaking my head at his weird humor, I tripped out the door for work.

So imagine my surprise when I came home from work and there was a five course dinner.  Here is the menu:

Course 1:  Endive stuffed with smoke salmon, goat cheese, sweet red onion, nectarine and chives
Course 2:  Ginger carrot soup with creme fraiche
Course 3:  Butter lettuce salad with poached egg and raspberry vinaigrette (let me just note, he has never poached an egg before, and it was perfect)
Course 4:  Orange rosemary pan seared lamb chop with caramelized pearl onions.
Course 5: Tiramisu

Everything tasted phenomenal.  The lamb had this amazing crust on it and it was just pink in the center.  He had put goat cheese in the endive and it was this perfect creamy, crunch combination.  The entire thing was incredible.

Admit it, your a little jealous.



How am I ever going to cook dinner for him again?  It makes my chicken pot pie look very sad.  He's set the bar impossibly high.

No comments:

Post a Comment