Friday, September 7, 2012

Never trust the motion sensors

The Benny adventures continue.  Today we were at the Golden Spoon, a small local yogurt place.  We had just enough money left on a gift card (thank you Nathaniel Buyarski) for two tiny yogurts.  The place was deserted, being 60 degrees outside and 11am in the morning.  This did not dissuade my children.  All bets are off when it comes to ice cream.

All was going well until Benny had to go to the bathroom.  Now normally, I would never send him by himself, but the only other person in the building was making yogurt in the back, and it was one of those single bathrooms with no stalls, and I could see the door from where I was sitting.  So off he went, only to scream out the door moments later, "Mom! Come wipe me!"

Yeah for me.

So Olivia and I trooped into the bathroom to wipe a hiney.  It is important to note at this point that the bathroom had no windows and was equipped with one of those motion sensor lights.  So, Benny is pant less with his underwear around his ankles when Olivia does something to the light and it goes out.  They both start screaming and I'm trying to feel my way to the light with poop on my hands.  I turn it on, and it flicks back off.  I try it again, same thing.  So at this point I have to wedge my foot in the door so we can see, while simultaneously washing two sets of hands and helping Benny back on with his pants and trying to calm everyone down.

The only thing that would have made it better is if the place would have been packed.  As it was I'm sure I've convinced one more stranger that I am completely crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment