Friday, September 28, 2012

Talking Nemo

And now it is time to introduce you to the sixth  member of our family... Olivia calls him Talking Nemo.  I think she means Finding Nemo, but it always comes out Talking Nemo, just like the Angry Birds are always the Hungry Birds (maybe they're angry because they're hungry).  He is a two foot long lurid orange fish, and he goes with us everywhere.  Of all the adorable little stuffed animals and baby dolls she owns, this is what she drags around with her.

The story of how he came to be is actually pretty cute.  At Joe's school they have a holiday gift shop in December.  They take donations of new and gently used things, and the kids can 'buy' them for a small donation to wrap and give as gifts to their family.  Joseph was really excited about this last year, so we sent him to school with $6.00 and he came home with a small Star Wars toy for Benny and the now famous Talking Nemo for Olivia.

I know it's a little blurry, but Benny actually took this.
Like my mom says, you kind of never know what they're going to like.

I wasn't really sure how attached she was to this fish until we went to my mom's house without him a few weeks ago.  She was okay until she got sleepy on the car ride home.

"Talking Nemo?"  She'd whimper.

"He's at home.  How about Baby?"

"No, Talking Nemo."

He is a must for all naps, bedtimes, rides in the car and walks.  He can often be found playing the part of pillow or customer in her pretend restaurant.  For example, today we walked to the park, bright orange fish in tow.  And if that wasn't eye catching enough Benny insisted on bringing a small Santa hat with an Ironman toy stuffed inside.  I think he was trying to do magic tricks, but I can't be sure.

And now to leave you with a Benny quote for your amusement.

"I'm hungry, Mom."

"Benny I just fed you, not thirty minutes ago."

"I know but I just pooped all that food out!"

Can't really argue with that logic.


No comments:

Post a Comment